By Gerald D. Mahan
Condensed subject in a Nutshell is the main concise, available, and self-contained advent to this interesting and state-of-the-art region of recent physics. This most efficient textbook covers all of the typical themes, together with crystal buildings, power bands, phonons, optical homes, ferroelectricity, superconductivity, and magnetism. It contains in-depth discussions of delivery concept, nanoscience, and semiconductors, and in addition positive factors the most recent experimental advances during this fast-developing box, comparable to high-temperature superconductivity, the quantum corridor influence, graphene, nanotubes, localization, Hubbard versions, density useful concept, phonon focusing, and Kapitza resistance. wealthy intimately and entire of examples and difficulties, this textbook is the entire source for a two-semester graduate direction in condensed topic and fabric physics.
- Covers commonplace themes like crystal constructions, power bands, and phonons
- Features the newest advances like high-temperature superconductivity and extra
- Full of instructive examples and tough difficulties
- Solutions guide (available basically to teachers)
Read Online or Download Condensed Matter in a Nutshell PDF
Best electromagnetism books
This textbook is meant for a one-semester direction in corrosion technology on the graduate or complex undergraduate point. The technique is that of a actual chemist or fabrics scientist, and the textual content is aimed at scholars of chemistry, fabrics technological know-how, and engineering. This textbook also needs to be important to training corrosion engineers or fabrics engineers who desire to improve their figuring out of the elemental rules of corrosion technology.
Condensed topic in a Nutshell is the main concise, obtainable, and self-contained creation to this fascinating and state of the art sector of recent physics. This premiere textbook covers the entire general themes, together with crystal constructions, strength bands, phonons, optical homes, ferroelectricity, superconductivity, and magnetism.
A brand new version of the top textbook at the finite point strategy, incorporating significant developments and extra purposes within the box of electromagnetics The finite aspect approach (FEM) is a robust simulation procedure used to resolve boundary-value difficulties in quite a few engineering situations.
This publication lays out a brand new, common thought of sunshine propagation and imaging via Earth’s turbulent surroundings. present conception relies at the – now broadly doubted – assumption of Kolmogorov turbulence. the hot idea relies on a generalized surroundings, the turbulence features of that are verified, as wanted, from with ease measurable homes of point-object, or big name, photographs.
- Electromagnetic Processing of Materials: Materials Processing by Using Electric and Magnetic Functions: 99 (Fluid Mechanics and Its Applications)
- Finite Element Methods for Maxwell's Equations (Numerical Mathematics and Scientific Computation)
- Developments in Surface Contamination and Cleaning - Vol 5: Contaminant Removal and Monitoring
- Multiforms, Dyadics, and Electromagnetic Media (IEEE Press Series on Electromagnetic Wave Theory)
Additional resources for Condensed Matter in a Nutshell
Condensed Matter in a Nutshell by Gerald D. Mahan